Requalification courses

Primary and secondary education
For primary and secondary education, you must have a certificate of professional competence equivalent to that attested by a diploma:

  • want to follow secondary education in Belgium
  • want to pursue higher education
  • want to follow a training course
  • wish to work or to establish themselves as a self-employed person


Equivalence is not required for diplomas issued by a school offering a Belgian program abroad.
Diplomas obtained in the Flemish, French or German-speaking Community are automatically mutually recognized as equivalent.

For more information or to apply for equivalence:

In the Flemish Community:
Contact the Flemish Ministry of Education and Training

In the French Community:
Contact Service Equivalences In French only

In the German-speaking Community:
Contact the Ministry of the German-speaking Community In German only

Scroll Up